AN ICONIC WATCH
Rolex new generation of the Oyster Perpetual Datejust 31, with redesigned case sides and lugs. In 18 ct white, yellow or Everose gold, the new versions are equipped with calibre 2236, at the forefront of watchmaking technology.
Amongst the many combinations available, one, in 18 ct white gold, is fitted with a white mother-of-pearl dial and a diamond-set bezel. Another, in 18 ct yellow gold, features a malachite dial with a Roman VI and IX in 18 ct yellow gold set with diamonds, and a version in 18 ct Everose gold is introduced with a diamond-paved dial inlaid with pink mother-of-pearl butterflies.
Like all Rolex watches, the new-generation Datejust 31 carries the Superlative Chronometer certification, which ensures excellent performance on the wrist.
Rolex’s Datejust is the archetype of the classic watch thanks to functions and aesthetics that never go out of fashion. Launched in 1945, it was the first self-winding waterproof chronometer
wristwatch to display the date in a window at 3 o’clock on the dial, and consolidated all themajor innovations that Rolex had contributed to the modern wristwatch until then. Aesthetically, the Datejust has spanned eras while retaining the enduring codes that today still make it one of the most recognizable of watches.
THE OTYSTER CASE, SYMBOL OF WATERP ROOFNESS
The Oyster case of the Datejust 31, guaranteed waterproof to a depth of 100 metres (330 feet), is a paragon of robustness and elegance. Its refined middle case is crafted from a solid
block of 18 ct yellow, white or Everose gold. The case back, edged with fine fluting, is hermetically screwed down with a special tool that allows only Rolex watchmakers to access the
movement. The winding crown, fitted with the Twinlock double waterproofness system, screws down securely against the case. The crystal, with a Cyclops lens at 3 o’clock for easy reading of the date, is made of virtually scratchproof sapphire. The waterproof Oyster case provides optimum protection for the Datejust 31’s high-precision movement.
The new Datejust 31 watches are fitted on a President bracelet, which benefits from a concealed attachment system, ensuring seamless visual continuity between the bracelet and case. The bracelet also includes ceramic inserts inside the links to enhance its flexibility and longevity, and has a concealed folding Crownclasp.
SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER CERTIFICATION
Like all Rolex watches, the Datejust 31 is covered by the Superlative Chronometer certification redefined by Rolex in 2015. This exclusive designation testifies that each watch has successfully
undergone a series of tests conducted by Rolex in its own laboratories according to its own criteria, which exceed watchmaking norms and standards.The certification applies to the fully assembled watch, after casing the movement, guaranteeing superlative performance on the wrist in terms of precision, power reserve, waterproofness and self-winding. The precision of a Rolex Superlative Chronometer after casing is of the order of−2 /+2 seconds per day, or more than twice that required of an official chronometer.
The Superlative Chronometer status is symbolized by the green seal that comes with every Rolex watch and is coupled with an international five-year guarantee.
OYSTER PERPETUAL DATEJUST 31
• Oyster (monobloc middle case,screw-down case back and winding crown)
• 31 mm
• 18 ct white gold
• 18 ct white gold, polished finish
• 18 ct white gold, set with 46 brilliant-cut diamonds
• Solid, screw-down with fine fluting
• Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
• Scratch-resistant sapphire
• Cyclops lens over the date with double anti-reflective coating
• 100 metres (330 feet)
• 2236, Manufacture Rolex
• Mechanical movement with bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
• −2 /+2 sec/day, after casing
• Centre hour, minute and seconds hands
• Instantaneous date at 3 o’clock with secure rapid-setting
• Stop-seconds for exact time setting
• Frequency: 28,800 beats/hour (4 Hz)
• Syloxi hairspring in silicon with patented geometry
• Paramagnetic nickel-phosphorus escape wheel
• Balance wheel with variable inertia
• High-precision regulating via two gold Microstella nuts
• Traversing balance bridge
• High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
• 31 rubies
• Approximately 55 hours
• White mother-of-pearl
• 10 diamonds in 18 ct white gold settings
• 18 ct white gold
• President, three-piece solid links
• 18 ct white gold, polished centre links, satin-finished outer links with polished edges, ceramic inserts
• Concealed folding Crownclasp
NEW DIALS AND NEW-GENERATION CALIBRE 2236
In 18 ct white, yellow or Everose gold, the new Oyster Perpetual Datejust 31 is available with redesigned case sides and lugs, and features a diamond-set bezel. One version in 18 ct white gold marries a white mother-of-pearl dial and diamond-set hour markers. Another, in 18 ct yellow gold, features a malachite dial with a diamond-set Roman VI and IX in 18 ct yellow gold, whilst an 18 ct Everose gold version is introduced with a diamond-paved dial inlaid with pink mother-of-pearl butterflies. These new versions of the Datejust 31 are equipped for the first time with calibre 2236, a new generation movement fitted with a patented Syloxi hairspring in silicon and offering a power reserve of approximately 55 hours.