8 Fun Things to See and Do at the 2018 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
Largest In-Water Boat Show in the world offers fun for the whole family Oct. 31 – Nov.4
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is a fun-filled experience of everything marine, with free fishing seminars, water toy demonstrations and lots of other family friendly activities, in addition to a huge display of 1,200 boats of all kind.
Recognized as the largest in-water boat show in the world, FLIBS spans more than 3 million square-feet of exhibit space across seven waterfront locations that are connected by an intricate network of water and ground transportation services. The five-day show attracts approximately 110,000 attendeeand 1,200 exhibitors representing 52 countries with more than 1,500 boats on display each November.
This year’s show takes place from Wednesday, October 31 through Sunday, November 4. You can either plan your itinerary to see it all or take a laid-back stroll through the show’s main locations and simply enjoy experiencing the “ Yachting Capital of the World.” Whichever you choose, here are some of the not-to-be-missed attractions at this year’s show:
1. Hop a ride to the show aboard Water Taxi transportation. The show’s seven locations are connected by a convenient land and water transportation network offering several parking and transportation options to access the show’s seven locations: Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, Pier 66 Marina and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
2. Check out the show’s amazing array of boats, marine products and accessories, from astonishing super-yachts, fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget, to fishing gear, marine art, jewelry and more, all valued at more than $4 billion.
3. Enjoy new culinary and mixology experiences from the new “Ports of Call” concessions: Cabo San Lucas, Portofino, British Virgin Islands, Greek Isles, and the French Riviera. Beverage experiences include specialty cocktails, premium wines and a full line of craft beers.
4. People-watch at the show’s world-famous floating cocktail lounges. Find a seat, grab a cold drink and cool off in the shade. Have a bite to eat and recharge while enjoying live music and even livelier crowds.
5. The Windward VIP Club Experience, located at the Hall of Fame Marina, offers the luxury of a premium open bar and gourmet food offerings. This air-conditioned sanctuary is the perfect platform to network, close business, or simply share the excitement of this international boating spectacular. Priced at $300 per person per day, VIP Club Experience packages include show entry, Windward VIP Club access and access to the water taxi.
6. At the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center location, catch the Hook The Future kids’ fishing clinics where kids get a free rod/reel combo and plenty of other prizes. In addition, the IGFA School of Sportfishing offers a line-up of seminars for adults covering all aspects of fishing.